When you scan a receipt / an invoice with 1tap, we use a combination of OCR and actual people to extract the data. This data is then automatically sorted into categories.
Below you can see what information is being extracted from the items you scan:
- Total Amount
- VAT (Available to Prime Max users only)
- Reference number
- Total amount
You can also add some additional information:
- Expense Category
- When you add a new receipt it is automatically sorted into an expense category, but you can also edit this. To do so, just tap on the category field and choose from the list of suggestions.
- You can also add any additional information you need as a note to your receipt/invoice. To add a note just tap on the "Notes" field and write down what you want. Then just tap on "Done" to save it.
- Adding a tag to your receipt/invoice will help with differentiating it from the rest. Adding tags is really easy - just tap on the plus button on the right of the tag symbol. You can either select one of the suggested tags or create a custom one.
- You can add a location to your receipts with Google Places. For more information on how to do it, click here.