There are several ways available to add your expense into 1tap. Below we'll list all of them so you can pick the one that suits your needs best:
Please keep in mind that depending on the subscription plan you're using, the auto-scans available might be limited. With the free version of the application, your auto-scans are limited to 10 or 20, while with the Prime Lite package you get 100 auto-scans per year.
There are three different ways to scan your receipts:
- Single - See how to add a receipt here;
- Multiple - You will need this when you have lots of receipts to enter in 1tap. See how to do this here;
- 2-sided - When you pick this option, you'll be able to take two consecutive photos of both sides of the receipt.
Upload from Photo Library
If you have already taken photos of your receipts and they are saved in your phone's photo library you can upload them to the application following the steps below:
- With the mobile application: - Open 1tap receipts; - Tap on the + sign at the upper right corner of the screen; - Select Gallery from the list of options; - Pick the photo(s) you want to upload and tap Done - you can then see these receipts in the Processing section.
- With 1tap online: - Go to https://my.1tap.io/ and log in with the email address and password you use with the mobile application; - Click on the + icon in the upper right corner and select Auto Expense; - Select the image(s) you want to upload and click on Open - that's it! You can now see the images uploaded in the Processing section.
You can also forward the receipts you have to your email-in address within the app and they will be automatically processed. Here's how to do it.
Manual Entry Expense
This is used when:
- Your receipt's design is different than the standard;
- You're on a free plan and have run out of auto-scans;
- You've got an expense but no receipt for it OR it's handwritten;
- You're going through your bank statements and you want to add some expenses into 1tap;
Here's how to do it.