Yes. You can claim tax back on your bank fees, provided the account is used for business purposes.
To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Get your bank statement for the relevant tax period;
- Using your calculator, add up all the bank fees you paid;
- Open 1tap receipts and use the Manual Entry feature to input the data:
- Put your bank's name as the vendor;
- Put the last day of the tax year as the date (for the Self Assessment due in January 2018 this would be April 5th, 2017);
- Choose "Bank, credit card and other financial charges" as the category;
- Enter the total that you calculated;
- Press Save when you're done.
Tip: There is no need to include an image with this manual expense.